Re: patch: make_timestamp function

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: patch: make_timestamp function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've done a quick review of this patch:

1) patch applies fine to the current HEAD, with a few hunks offset  by a few lines

2) the compilation fails because of duplicate OIDs in pg_proc, so  I had to change 3969-3975 to 4033-4039, then it
compilesfine

3) make installcheck works fine

4) No regression tests for make_time / make_date.

5) The documentation is incomplete - make_date / make_time are missing.

6) The documentation should mention that when the 'timezone' parameter  is not set explicitly, the current timezone is
used.

7) Why do the functions accept only the timezone abbreviation, not the  full name? I find it rather confusing, because
the'timezone' option  uses the full name, and we're using this as the default. But doing  'show timestamp' and using
thereturned value fails. Is it possible  to fix this somehow?

regards
Tomas