Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/10/14, 6:51 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Jim Nasby<jim@nasby.net>  wrote:
>> >Well, the usual example for exclusion constraints is resource scheduling
>> >(ie: scheduling what room a class will be held in). In that context is it
>> >hard to believe that you might want to MERGE a set of new classroom
>> >assignments in?
> So you schedule a class that clashes with 3 other classes, and you
> want to update all 3 rows/classes with details from your one row
> proposed for insertion?

Nuts, I was misunderstanding the scenario. I thought this was simply going to violate exclusion constraints.

I see what you're saying now, and I'm not coming up with a scenario either. Perhaps Jeff Davis could, since he created
them...if he can't then I'd say we're safe ignoring that aspect.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net