Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/10/2014 08:40 AM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:
> Just as a followup to this. The process that I am using to do the
> upgrade is as follows:
>
> 1. Install Postgres 9.3 in /opt dir.
> 2. In 9.0 instance update spclocation in pg_tablespace.
> 3. Update the symlinks in the pg_tblspace folder.
> 4. Move the tablespace folders to new location.
> 5. Run pg_upgrade.
> 6. Test upgrade results on 9.3 cluster.
> 7. Run the sh files created by pg_upgrade.
> 8. Uninstall Postgres 9.3 in /opt dir.
> 9. Install Postgres 9.3 in default location.
> 10. Enjoy Postgres 9.3.

For completeness, the new location you are moving the tablespaces to, is
that in or out of $PGDATA?

FYI, from comments over on --hackers, I believe Bruce Momjian may offer
some insight on what is going on.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Joseph Kregloh
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
От: gator_ml@yahoo.de
Сообщение: Re: Consistent file-level backup of pg data directory