Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/9/14, 11:58 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hmm.  This seems like a reasonable thing to do, except that I would like
>>> the "output" to always be the constant, and have some other way to
>>> enable the clause or disable it.  With your "present" boolean:
>>> so
>>>
>>> "if_not_exists": {"output": "IF NOT EXISTS",
>>>                    "present": true/false}
>>
>> Why not:
>>
>> "if_not_exists": true/false
>
> Yeah, that's another option.  If we do this, though, the expansion
> function would have to know that an "if_not_exist" element expands to IF
> NOT EXISTS.  Maybe that's okay.  Right now, the expansion function is
> pretty stupid, which is nice.

Yeah, the source side of this will always have to understand the nuances of every command; it'd be really nice to not
burdenthe other side with that as well. The only downside I see is a larger JSON output, but meh.

Another advantage is if you really wanted to you could modify the output formatting in the JSON doc to do something
radicallydifferent if so inclined...

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net