Re: nested hstore patch

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: nested hstore patch
Дата
Re: nested hstore patch  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: nested hstore patch  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/09/2014 02:11 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 06:12 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Oleg,
>>
>> Please merge in the jsonb work and resubmit. See
>> <https://github.com/feodor/postgres/commits/jsonb_and_hstore> I note that
>> this repo does not apparently contain any of your latest changes.
> I'll go further and say that if the Hstore2 patch doesn't support JSONB
> for 9.4, we should postpone it to 9.5.  We really don't want to get into
> a situation where we need an Hstore3 because we accepted an Hstore2
> which needs to be rev'd for JSON.
>
> Especially since there's no good reason for the JSON changes not to be
> merged already.

After some work by Oleg, for which I'm grateful, and a little more by
me, here is a combined patch for the jsonb and nested hstore work.

Outstanding issues with the jsonb stuff:

  * I have replicated all the json processing functions for jsonb
    (although not the json generating functions, such as to_json). Most
    of these currently work by turning the jsonb back into json and then
    processing as before. I am sorting out some technical issues and
    hope to have all of these rewritten to use the native jsonb API in a
    few days time.
  * We still need to document jsonb. That too I hope will be done quite
    shortly.
  * The jsonb regression test currently contains U+ABCD - I guess we'd
    better use some hex encoding or whatever for that - unlike json, the
    jsonb de-serializer dissolves unicode escapes.

cheers

andrew

Вложения