Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/8/2014 10:14 AM, Nelson Green wrote:

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Nelson Green <nelsongreen84@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a projects log table with a three column PK, project_num, person_num,
> and sequence, where each new entry for a project/person combination
> increments the sequence, which is not an auto incrementing sequence. Is
> there any way to retrieve the last entry to the table? For instance, if the
> last entry for person 427 on project 15 was sequence number 125, is that
> information available to me anywhere?

SELECT MAX(sequence) FROM project_log_table WHERE person_num=427 AND
project_num=15

Hi Francisco,

My apologies, I was not completely clear. I will not know any of the columns in advance. The most recent insert is the result of user input from a web form, so I won't know what project or what user generated the last insert. That was why I wandered if that information was stored anywhere in the system.

wait, so you just want the latest record inserted with -any- project/person ?   add a timestamptz field to your table with default current_timestamp;