Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/08/2014 02:49 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Then you don't understand the point of sync mode, and you shouldn't be
> using it.  The point is *exactly* to refuse to commit transactions unless
> we can guarantee the data's been replicated.

I understand exactly that and I don't disagree, except in the case where
it is going to bring down the master (see my further reply). I now
remember arguing about this a few years ago when we started down the
sync path.

Anyway, perhaps this is just something of a knob that can be turned. We
don't have to continue the argument. Thank you for considering what I
was saying.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master