Re: "Find" dialog gets stuck on "backwards" searching

От Stephen Cook
Тема Re: "Find" dialog gets stuck on "backwards" searching
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 1/6/2014 7:36 PM, Stephen Cook wrote:
> I checked the radio option for "Backwards" in the "Find" dialog, and
> since then it is selected by default whenever I use it. I can switch
> it back to "Forwards" but it stays on "Backwards" for any new editor
> window, even with closing pgAdmin and across reboots. It's kind of a
> hassle since I'm used to the default of "Forward" search in basically
> every program ever.
>
> pgAdmin Version is 1.18.0 (Sep 4 2013, rev: REL-1_18_0)
> Windows 7 Professional, fully updated etc
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Stephen Cook

And right after I hit "Send" I solved it myself.

I dug around in the registry and found the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pgAdmin III\FindReplace\Direction, and set it
to "f" (it was "b") and this fixed the problem.

But I guess the issue remains how it got stuck this way to begin with,
and why it couldn't remember a change afterwards.

-- Stephen Cook