Re: [ANNOUNCE] IMCS: In Memory Columnar Store for PostgreSQL

От james
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] IMCS: In Memory Columnar Store for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/01/2014 03:14, Robert Haas wrote:
> That's up to the application.  After calling dsm_create(), you call
> dsm_segment_handle() to get the 32-bit integer handle for that
> segment.  Then you have to get that to the other process(es) somehow.
> If you're trying to share a handle with a background worker, you can
> stuff it in bgw_main_arg.  Otherwise, you'll probably need to store it
> in the main shared memory segment, or a file, or whatever.
Well, that works for sysv shm, sure.  But I was interested (possibly
from Konstantin)
how the handle transfer takes place at the moment, particularly if it is
possible
to create additional segments dynamically.  I haven't looked at the
extension at all.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: dynamic shared memory and locks
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: dynamic shared memory and locks