Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/31/2013 01:31 PM, Joseph Kregloh wrote:

>         ERROR:  relation "sys_errors" does not exist
>         LINE 1: SELECT * FROM sys_errors ORDER BY created_ts DESC LIMIT 100;
>                                 ^
>         ********** Error **********
>
>         ERROR: relation "sys_errors" does not exist
>         SQL state: 42P01
>         Character: 15
>

>     sys_errors is a table in the tablespace correct?
>

> Yes it is.

So you have not upgraded the tablespaces. What is important to remember
is Postgres uses numbers to keep track of relations. Part of the upgrade
process involves changing the numbers that point at relations. By
manually dropping a 9.0 tablespace into a 9.3 data directory you have
broken that system. You need to let  pg_upgrade do the translation. See
my previous message below for a possible solution:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/52BDE16D.4090601@gmail.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com