Re: Retiring the smalle/larger

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Retiring the smalle/larger
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/28/2013 06:41 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> I think I've done it before, but if so I'll do it again. I'd like to suggest we get rid of the smaller/larger text
linksont he website.

>> Is there a browser released in the last 15 years that doesn't already have this functionality builtin? And if you
usethe features in the browser, it scales the images we use for headlines on the front page as well for example,so I
believethat experience is actually better too... It also allows you multiple different levels of size/zoom, whereas we
onlyallow one normal and one large.

>> Bottom line - do we add a single piece of functionality by having those there?
>
> I don't know if we track how many people actually click those links via GA or the like, but in all likelihood, my
guessis the percentage of "real clicks" to those links are low.  We should probably defer to the user on their zoom
settingsthese days, because as you said, the browser engines handle a lot more than our script does for page / font
sizing.

> So in summary, +1 to removing the smaller/larger text links.

+1 from here too...

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Retiring the smalle/larger
От: Lenz Grimmer
Сообщение: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages