Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23-12-2013 22:12, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> A user asked in -performance[1] if there is a way to measure the
> planning time. Other than measuring it in the client I do not think
> there is so I quickly hacked a patched which adds "Planning time" to the
> outputs of EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN ANALYZE.
>
> Is this something useful? I think it is, since plan time can become an
> issue for complex queries.

Yes, but a couple of years ago, this same feature was proposed as a
module [1][2]. I'm not sure if it is worth including as an additional
module or not. Opinions?

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/BANLkTi=sxKTCTcv9hsACu38eaj=fW_4OMA@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://github.com/umitanuki/planinstr

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: trailing comment ghost-timing
От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze