Re: postgres large database backup

От hvjunk
Тема Re: postgres large database backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 01 Dec 2022, at 01:19, Hannes Erven <hannes@erven.at> wrote:
>
> You could also use a filesystem that can do atomic snapshots - like ZFS.
>
> However, I'm wondering why none of the previous respondents mentioned it?

the reason: 'cause most people are "stuck" on public clouds that does not provide that as a "solution" in their cookie
cutter(wrongly called "managed") solutions...

> Sure, ZFS may have its own performance implications... but my experience is that it makes "safety snapshots" and
"on-demandthrow-away testing environments" very convenient to use.

Using that myself, but also as a VM in a ProxMox environmenet, I've found (and restored) with ProxMox Backup Server
gootsingle snapshot backup solution.

My cases doesn't need the PITR yet

От: Alexis Zapata
Сообщение: Solved: Table : Bloat grow high
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql_check_function issue after upgrade