Re: preserving forensic information when we freeze

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: preserving forensic information when we freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
One thing users will lose in this patch is the ability to reliably see if a tuple is frozen via SQL. Today you can do
thatjust by selecting xmin from the table.

Obviously people don't generally need to do that... but it's one of those things that when you do need it it's
incrediblyhandy to have... would it be difficult to expose infomask(2) via SQL, the same way xmin et all are?

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net