Re: Query caching (with 8.3)

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Query caching (with 8.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 18/12/13 03:54, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> On 17/12/2013 12:32, Vik Fearing wrote:

>>> That's nice. How much is the data worth?
>
> I think we have deviated from the subject. For the interested reader,
> the path we took is to
> materialize the query and update it over-night.

I think you are dodging the last question, which is a very important hint.

It looks like you are totally ignoring the "security fixes and data
corruption fixes" that have been added in subsequent versions of PostgreSQL.

If your data is as important as it appears to be, then even a million
Euro, is not too much to cough up.

What would be the impact of of data corruption, or an attack by a
criminal gang (or possible more likely, a government agency)?  Note that
sometimes data corruption can go undetected for a long time.

Cheers,
Gavin