Re: Query caching (with 8.3)

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Query caching (with 8.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 17/12/2013 01:21, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 11:58 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>> postgresql 8.3 (upgrading is not an option for the moment)
> When your version is no longer getting security fixes and data
> corruption fixes, upgrading is not only an option but a duty.
>
> Please upgrade to at least 9.0  (8.4 will be EOL too soon for the effort
> to be worthwhile).

We run several versions of PostgreSQL (on shore and at sea) and if you search the archives you will see that we are one
ofthe

first to deploy PostgreSQL in a commercial marine environment (since 2001), and also to develop our own version of
DBMirrorspecifically

tailored for marine/satellite communications, to provide FK-dependency oriented, row grained, Conditional,
Asynchronous,
Lazy replication solution.
Since you mention it, this is installed on about 90 vessels at sea, and if we assume 3000 EUR (tickets only) for a
trained person to get on board and perform the upgrade, this amounts to 270,000 EUR.

--
Achilleas Mantzios