Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

От Lenz Grimmer
Тема Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

I had a quick chat with Andreas Scherbaum about this request, and he suggested
I should contact this mailing list about this.

Some of you may know that Oracle distributes Oracle Linux, a derivative of
RHEL (similar to CentOS or Scientific Linux). The distribution is freely
available both as ISO images and RPM packages, including the errata (updates,
bug fixes). Since it's fully compatible to RHEL, it also ships with PostgreSQL
by default and these packages are covered by the terms of the OL support
subscription.

I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add Oracle Linux to the list of
distributions on the PostgreSQL download pages. In particular, I'd like to
suggest the following changes:

On http://www.postgresql.org/download/ replace
"RedHat/CentOS/Fedora/Scientific" with "RedHat/CentOS/Fedora/Scientific/Oracle"

On http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ replace "RHEL/CentOS/SL"
with "RHEL/CentOS/SL/OL"

Thanks in advance for your consideration. Best regards from Hamburg, Germany!

Lenz
--  Lenz Grimmer <lenz@grimmer.com> - http://www.lenzg.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: