Re: Optimize kernel readahead using buffer access strategy

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: Optimize kernel readahead using buffer access strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2013/12/12 9:30), Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:14 AM, KONDO Mitsumasa
> <kondo.mitsumasa@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>>
>>> enable_readahead=os|fadvise
>>>
>>> with os = on, fadvise = off
>>
>> Hmm. fadvise is method and is not a purpose. So I consider another idea of
>> this GUC.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking of opening the door for readahead=aio, but
> whatever clearer than on-off would work ;)

I'm very interested in Postgres with libaio, and I'd like to see the perfomance
improvements. I'm not sure about libaio, however, it will face
exclusive-buffer-lock problem in asynchronous IO.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center