Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/2013 01:44 AM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> When we select a block we should read all rows on that block, to help
>> identify the extent of clustering within the data.
> So how do you interpret the results of the sample read that way that
> doesn't introduce bias?

Initially/experimentally we could just compare it to our current approach :)

That is, implement *some* block sampling and then check it against what
we currently have. Then figure out the bad differences. Rinse. Repeat.

Cheers

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

От: "Erikjan Rijkers"
Сообщение: invalid magic number in log segment
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: invalid magic number in log segment