Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2013/12/09 20:29), Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2013-12-09 19:51:01 +0900, KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
>> Add my comment. We have to consider three situations.
>>
>> 1. PITR
>> 2. replication standby
>> 3. replication standby with restore_command
>>
>> I think this patch cannot delay in 1 situation.
>
> Why?

I have three reasons.
  1. It is written in document. Can we remove it?  2. Name of this feature is "Time-delayed *standbys*", not
"Time-delayed    *recovery*". Can we change it?  3. I think it is unnessesary in master PITR. And if it can delay in
master    PITR, it will become master at unexpected timing, not to continue to     recovery. It is meaningless.

I'd like to ask you what do you expect from this feature and how to use it.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good