Re: One huge db vs many small dbs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: One huge db vs many small dbs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

>> One of the many questions we have is about performance of the db if we
>> work with only one (using a ClientID to separete de clients info) or thousands
>> of separate dbs. The management of the dbs is not a huge concert as we
>> have an automated tool.
>
> If you are planning on using persisted connections, the large number of DB approach is going to have a significant
disadvantage. You cannot pool connections between databases.  So if you have 2000 databases, you are going to need a
minimumof 2000 connections to service those database (assuming you want to keep at least one active connection open per
clientat a time).

That isn't exactly true. You could run multiple poolers.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

От: "Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)"
Сообщение: Re: One huge db vs many small dbs
От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: WAL + SSD = slow inserts?