Re: New user group

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: New user group
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/05/2013 01:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Can we please get a new mailing list (and our pages updated) for the
>> new user group whatcom?
>
> Hm, Whatcom is a county in Washington, right?

Yes.

> I'm curious that while in
> some places our PUGs cover very large geographical area (such as the
> newly proposed South East Asia PUG mailing list, which BTW I haven't
> gotten around to creating yet), others seem rather narrow in scope.
>
> I guess I'm just concerned that we might end up with one more mailing
> list with close to zero activity.

I don't know that would be the case, consider that Whatcom is where LFNW is.

> I don't necessarily object to the new list, but I think this should be
> considered.

Understood. I was actually surprised at the Asia one but there is a
difference hear. Where we are dealing with millions in Asia, we are
dealing with 200k in Whatcom. The reason I picked Whatcom is that
although 50% of the population lives in Bellingham, the other 50% is all
within 30-45 minutes of Bellingham and I didn't want to exclude those areas.

Oh and I forgot to give you the website:

https://plus.google.com/communities/116781216881095067633

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579