Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding
Дата
Re: Supporting SJIS as a database encoding  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/05/2016 05:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
>> Before digging into the problem, could you share your impression on
>> whether PostgreSQL can support SJIS?  Would it be hopeless?
>
> I think it's pretty much hopeless.

Agreed.

But one thing that would help a little, would be to optimize the UTF-8
-> SJIS conversion. It uses a very generic routine, with a binary search
over a large array of mappings. I bet you could do better than that,
maybe using a hash table or a radix tree instead of the large
binary-searched array.

- Heikki