Re: RFC: programmable file format for postgresql.conf

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RFC: programmable file format for postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/4/13, 11:22 AM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
> Would it be well-received a new file format that keeps it simple for
> both hand editing and generation of the configuration, and at the same
> time offers the features I have mentioned?

I don't see how that would work exactly: You want to add various kinds
of complex metadata to the configuration file, but make that metadata
optional at the same time.  The immediate result will be that almost no
one will supply the optional metadata, and no tools will be able to rely
on their presence.