Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/03/2013 03:15 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> It's *always* much easier to get money for features than for other
> things.  Earlier this year I was really hoping that our new corporate
> community members, who seemed to be interested in testing, would put
> some serious resources behind this.  When pressed, however, they did
> what everyone does -- pass and hope that someone else will pay for it.
> Huawei staff at least did add a bunch of regression tests, which was
> great, but it's a fraction of the work we need for a more comprehensive
> testing infrastructure.  I got this pretty quickly when Andrew and I led
> the session at the unconference.  Everybody wanted better testing, but
> they all wanted someone else to foot the bill.

+1

I have talked to many a customer and community member about various
things like testing and the overwhelming response is: **crickets** .

It isn't hard to get someone to pay for something that has very little
tangible return, such as a conference sponsorship, but to pay for
something that helps the entire community? **crickets**

There are exceptions of course, but by and large that is my experience.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579