Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/03/2013 10:46 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Christian Kruse <christian@2ndquadrant.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Fabrizio,
>>>
>>> looks good to me. I did some testing on 9.2.4, 9.2.5 and HEAD. It
>>> applies and compiles w/o errors or warnings. I set up a master and two
>>> hot standbys replicating from the master, one with 5 minutes delay and
>>> one without delay. After that I created a new database and generated
>>> some test data:
>>>
>>> CREATE TABLE test (val INTEGER);
>>> INSERT INTO test (val) (SELECT * FROM generate_series(0, 1000000));
>>>
>>> The non-delayed standby nearly instantly had the data replicated, the
>>> delayed standby was replicated after exactly 5 minutes. I did not
>>> notice any problems, errors or warnings.
>>>

>> Thanks for your review Christian...
>
> So, I proposed this patch previously and I still think it's a good
> idea, but it got voted down on the grounds that it didn't deal with
> clock drift.  I view that as insufficient reason to reject the
> feature, but others disagreed.  Unless some of those people have
> changed their minds, I don't think this patch has much future here.

I would agree that it is a good idea.

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of bugs in MultiXactId freezing