Re: name.c

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: name.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/01/2013 02:59 AM, mohsen soodkhah mohammadi wrote:
> in name.c file in source code of postgresql
> I find some fuctions that I don't know where did use them?
> the functions are:
> int namecpy(Name n1, Name n2){..}
> int namecat(Name n1, Name n2){..}
> int namecmp(Name n1, Name n2){..}
> int namestrcpy(Name name, const char *str){..}
> int namestrcat(Name name, const char *str){..}
> also before some of these functions became the #ifdef NOT_USED
> when NOT_USED is set?and why it set?
> thanks.

It's never defined, of course, or else the name would be a lie. That
means this is essentially dead code which we haven't removed for some
reason.

If you want to find out where something is used, grep -r is one way to
look. ctags is another. Each developer has his/her own way of doing
tasks like this.

cheers

andrew