Re: Modify the DECLARE CURSOR command tag depending on the scrollable flag

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Modify the DECLARE CURSOR command tag depending on the scrollable flag
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/27/13, 3:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Given these considerations, I think it'd be better to allow explicit
> application control over whether read-ahead happens for a particular
> query.  And I have no problem whatsoever with requiring that the cursor
> be explicitly marked SCROLL or NO SCROLL before read-ahead will occur.

Well, technically, unspecified means NO SCROLL according to the SQL
standard.  A lot of applications in ECPG are ported from other systems,
which might make that assumption.  It wouldn't be very nice to have to
change all that.