Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/26/2013 09:26 AM, Craig James wrote:

>         On 25.11.2013 22:01, Lee Nguyen wrote:
>

>             Why shouldn't we run Postgres in a VM?  What are the
>             downsides? Does anyone
>             have any metrics or benchmarks with the latest Postgres?
>

> For those of us with small (a few to a dozen servers), we'd like to
> get out of server maintenance completely. Can anyone with experience
> on a cloud VM solution comment?  Do the VM solutions provided by the
> major hosting companies have the same good performance as the VM's
> that that several have described here?
>
> Obviously there's Amazon's new Postgres solution available.  What else
> is out there in the way of "instant on" solutions with
> Linux/Postgres/Apache preconfigured systems?  Has anyone used them in
> production?

If you want a full stack including Postgres, Heroku might be your best
bet. Depends a bit on your application and your workload. And yes, I've
used it. Full disclosure: I have done work paid for by Heroku.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql in a Virtual Machine