Re: [pgsql-advocacy] freecode.com

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] freecode.com
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 11/22/2013 08:04 PM, Marc Fournier wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2013, at 11:00 , Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

>>> If that meant PG wouldn't actually show up on those sites, that'd be
>>> fine, but that's not how it works.  *Someone else* will just end up
>>> posting about us up there when they figure out we're not listed or
>>> whatever, and then it'll end up in the same situation.
>>
>> well - afaik we stopped maintaining our sourceforge entry and that one
>> was taken over by SF directly and is now a) always updated and b) not a
>> problem any more.
>>
>> I consider that being a good thing if you look at the archives on -www
>> and -advocacy for that download^advertising platform.
>>

> considering that there is a release checklist, starting from packaging straight though to press releases, why isn’t
thispart of that checklist in the first place?

not sure - I think it even was on it once (for SF not sure about freecode)

> it gets sporatically maintained because nobody thinks about it … make it part of the checklist of what needs to be
doneat relesae, and it will no longer be forgot …

true - but my argument is that we should look into making already
involved stuff like releases _LESS_ complex and involved (and not
require anybody how does releases having random accounts on random
external sites unless absolutely required).
I by far dont see freecode "important" enough that we need to or should
care about it as part of our release workflow tbh.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] freecode.com
От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL User Group in Singapore