Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/20/13, 11:31 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Couldn't that be an issue for people who have multiple major versions of
> binaries installed?  In particular, the "default" on the system for psql
> might be 9.3 while the cluster you're trying to recover may be 9.2.  Of
> course, in that case you might say to use the 9.2 psql, which would be
> fair, but what if you're looking to get the data out of the 9.2 DB and
> into the 9.3?  In that case, we'd recommend using the 9.3 pg_dump.

Right.  And also, in emergency situations you might have a custom built
postgres binary lying around in a separate path that includes a patch
from a mailing list you're supposed to test or something.  Best not to
make that even more difficult.