Re: pre-commit triggers

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pre-commit triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/16/2013 03:00 PM, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On 11/15/2013 07:01 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a patch to provide a new event trigger that will fire on
>> transaction commit. I have tried to make certain that it fires at a
>> sufficiently early stage in the commit process that some of the evils
>> mentioned in previous discussions on this topic aren't relevant.
>>
>> The triggers don't fire if there is no real XID, so only actual data
>> changes should cause the trigger to fire.
> I have not looked at the patch, but does it also run pre-rollback ?
>
> If not, how hard would it be to make it so ?

No it doesn't.

The things you can do once a rollback has been initiated are extremely
limited, so I'm not sure value there would be in such a thing.

The requirements I was given specifically excluded this, so I haven't
looked at it, but I suspect the answer to your second question is "quite
hard". But feel free to prove me wrong :-)

cheers

andrew