Re: hail the CFM

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: hail the CFM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14/11/13 02:45, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The commit fest manager mace has been passed on to me[*].  More to follow.
>

> [*] Actually, I found it behind the dumpster in the alley.

Did you take care not to touch it with bare skin & properly sterilize
it?  As a used mace, may pick up blood from people with diseases you'd
rather not know about...

Ensure that you know how to use it effectively, as PostgreSQL developers
are surly lot and respond well to a good bit of applied violence (just
ask Tom Lane about his extensive list of fractured bones & other old war
injuries). If you are not sure how to use it, then there are plenty of
sites on the web to help you, such as:
http://www.lordsandladies.org/maces.htm

Also ensure you apply for the correct licence from your local Police
Station, as they will be very interested in how you intend to use such a
weapon, so it is very important to consult them before you first use it!

Cheers,
Gavin
(Who is now glad that he not actually a PostgreSQL developer)

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: UTF8 national character data type support WIP patch and list of open issues.
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pg_upgrade rebuild_tsvector_tables.sql includes child table columns