Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall in real life

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall in real life
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/2013 05:50 PM, David Johnston wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote
>> A general ability to rename things would be good. In particular,
>> restoring schema x into schema y or table x into table y would be very
>> useful, especially if you need to be able to compare old with new.
> compare old and new what?

Data is what I had in mind.

There have been plenty of times when I've been asked ex post to find out
what's changed in some table in the last 24 hours or something like
that, and all I've had to work with is yesterday's dump file. The
handsprings you have to turn in order to get the old version of the
table and the new version side by side make it painful - it would be
nice to be able to say "restore this table but with that name," or
"restore this table but into that schema".

cheers

andrew