Re: 10.0

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
El 13/05/16 a las 15:36, Josh berkus escribió:
> On 05/13/2016 11:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Josh berkus wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, can we come up with a consensus of some minimum changes it will
>>> take to make the next version 10.0?
>>
>> I think the next version should be 10.0 no matter what changes we put
>> in.
>>

> Well, if we adopt 2-part version numbers, it will be.  Maybe that's the
> easiest thing?  Then we never have to have this discussion again, which
> certainly appeals to me ...

Wasn't there some controversy about switching to major.minor versioning
this in -advocacy?

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ee13fd2bb44cb086b457be34e81d5f78@biglumber.com

IMO, this versioning is pretty good and people understand it well, with
the other will be using postgres 13 by 2020, which isn't far away. ;)

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/