Re: limitation using LIKE on ANY(array)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: limitation using LIKE on ANY(array)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
K C Lau <kclau60@netvigator.com> writes:
> Indeed, I get rejected even with:
> .. WHERE ANY(array) = 'xx'

> It would only work as documented in the manual (8.10.5):
> SELECT * FROM sal_emp WHERE 10000 = ANY (pay_by_quarter);

That's not changing any time soon; the SQL spec defines only the second
syntax for ANY, and I believe there would be syntactic ambiguity if we
tried to allow the other.

> With 8.1.3, I get an error when trying to do this on a Text[] column :
> .. WHERE ANY(array) LIKE 'xx%'

If you're really intent on doing that, make an operator for "reverse
LIKE" and use it with the ANY on the right-hand side.

regression=# create function rlike(text,text) returns bool as
regression-# 'select $2 like $1' language sql strict immutable;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# create operator ~~~ (procedure = rlike, leftarg = text,
regression(# rightarg = text, commutator = ~~);
CREATE OPERATOR
regression=# select 'xx%' ~~~ any(array['aaa','bbb']);
 ?column?
(1 row)

regression=# select 'xx%' ~~~ any(array['aaa','xxb']);
 ?column?
(1 row)

regression=#