Re: Connection pooling

От andy
Тема Re: Connection pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/31/2013 11:15 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/31/2013 5:34 AM, si24 wrote:
>> It seems for each person that they seem to get about +-20 or more
>> connections each depending on there use of the map if they add the layers
>> that are overlyed over the map like zones etc...
>
> that sounds really broken.

I'm not sure if geoserver is like openLayers/mapserver, but in the later
case (which I use), you can set it up to have the browser (running
openLayers) request multiple layers at the same time... and on top of
that each layer can be requested in tiles.  (That way when you drag the
map it only has to load new tiles, and not the entire image, which makes
the animations smooth)

Anyway, one webclient * 5 layers * tiles = lot and lots and lots of web
requests (which, would make lots of db hits).

If geoserver is like openLayers/mapserver, that is.

-Andy