Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/30/13 5:27 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 10/29/13 3:36 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Jim Nasby <jnasby@enova.com> writes:
>>> Is there a way to measure memory consumption during planning, short of something like strace? (I've got no dev
toolsavailable on our servers.)

>> Nothing built-in, I'm pretty sure.  You could probably add some
>> instrumentation, but that would require running modified executables ...
>
> FYI, client_min_messages = debug5 and log_planner_stats = on is useful, though I wish it included ru_maxrss (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Resource-Usage.html).

Oh, and in my 28 table case ru_minflt was 428 4k memory pages (1.7MB). Not a great measurement, but better than
nothing.I didn't detect anything noticeable on vmstat either, so I don't think the consumption is huge (an email in the
olderthread mentioned 1GB... I'm not seeing that).
--
Jim Nasby, Lead Data Architect   (512) 569-9461

Сообщение: Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop
Сообщение: Re: Problems with hash join over nested loop