Re: PostgreSQL Replication

От Thomas Guyot
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-02-16 09:28, Raul Giucich wrote:
> This article will help you
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Multimaster
> <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Multimaster>.
>
> El mar., 16 feb. 2021 10:56, Mutuku Ndeti <jnmutuku@gmail.com
> <mailto:jnmutuku@gmail.com>> escribió:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Need some advice here. I have an application using PostgreSQL. I
>     need to install it on 2 servers for redundancy purposes and have 2
>     databases. I need the DBs to replicate to each other, in real-time.
>     Writes can be done on both DBs.
>
>     Please let me know if this is a feasible setup and the best way to
>     proceed.

Hi,

While I have no experience with replication on pgsql, in general
multi-master database replication is much more complex and often require
a pretty rigid setup. The graphs on that page seems to tell the same
story for pgsql.

Are you sure you really need multi-master replication as opposed to
having a single active master in a replicated set? If properly
configured, cluster software can automatically fail over the active
master, which provides very good redundancy and is much simpler from a
technological standpoint.

Regards,

--
Thomas