Need help how to manage a couple of daily DB copies.

От Andreas
Тема Need help how to manage a couple of daily DB copies.
Дата
Re: Need help how to manage a couple of daily DB copies.  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Re: Need help how to manage a couple of daily DB copies.  (Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap@ghodechhap.net>)
Re: Need help how to manage a couple of daily DB copies.  ("DDT" <410845160@qq.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'd like to set up a DB-Server that keeps copies of our productive db for an external db-assistant.
He should prepare chores on the test-server and mail the sql scripts to me.
I'll look over those scripts and run them against the productive db myself.

So I'd like to have a daily cron job dump the main db, rename the test-db to something with a date in it.
Like   test_db  -->  test_db_20131024
Create a new test_db and import the dump of the main db.

So far no problem but how could I limit the number of test_dbs to 5?
I'd like to keep those test_dbs 5 days and then drop them.