Re: Remove usage of finalizers ?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Remove usage of finalizers ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 10/23/2013 12:06 AM, Vitalii Tymchyshyn wrote:
> I am not big fan of finalizes. But you propose to remove mechanism
> that works most times, without introducing anything else.
> You are saying that as in my incorrect application (and I am 95% sure
> you've got incorrect application if you are getting finalizing objects
> piled up) it does not work, let's remove it altogether and make driver
> also wrong.

as an outsider to this stuff, with only a superficial understanding of
these finalizers, it seems to me they should log a warning if anything
leaks to them.  you don't get rid of them entirely, they provide backup
sweeping up of neglected debris..

Сообщение: Re: Remove usage of finalizers ?
Сообщение: Re: Remove usage of finalizers ?