Re: [HACKERS] pg_hba_file_settings view patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_hba_file_settings view patch  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> writes:
> This patch currently doesn't have the code for reporting the two log
> messages that can occur in tokenize_file function. To support the same,
> I am thinking of changing line_nums list to line_info list that can
> contain both line number and the error message that occurred during the
> tokenize. This list data is used to identify whether that line is having
> any error or not before parsing that hba line, and directly report that
> line as error in the view.

Yeah, perhaps.  tokenize_file() has pushed the return-parallel-lists
notion to the limit of sanity already.  It would make more sense to
change it to return a single list containing one struct per line,
which would include the token list, raw line text, and line number.

It might make sense to proceed by writing a separate patch that just
refactors the existing code to have an API like that, and then revise
this patch to add an error message field to the per-line struct.  Or
maybe that's just extra work, not sure.