Re: BUG #8515: Random 'relation "..." does not exist'

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #8515: Random 'relation "..." does not exist'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 9.10.2013 19:35, nbuduroi@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      8515
> Logged by:          Nicolas Buduroi
> Email address:      nbuduroi@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
> Operating system:   ArchLinux
>
> We've recently migrated an application from MySQL to Postgres and I've been
> experiencing some really strange and random bugs. The application is a
> pretty simple Rails application and the Postgres setup is the default one
> provided by ArchLinux.
>

> Basically, at some point a query, update or insert will not work and
> complain about a table not existing, but that table was used without any
> issue previously. Closing the running connection to the database and
> reconnecting make that error disappear. Two concurrent connections (one from
> a console and another from the app) could be contradicting themselves, one
> giving the error and the other not.
>

> This only happen on a development machine which is running version 9.2.4 of
> Postgres. We've not encountered this error on our production/staging/ci
> servers which are running Postgres 9.1.9 version.

Hi Nicolas,

can you check PostgreSQL logs? I'm not familiar with Arch Linux but I
guess it might be /var/log/postgresql.log or something like that.

Is there anything relevant in the logs?

Can you explain what is the application doing? Can you try to prepare a
simplified testcase, based on your knowledge of the app?

kind regards
Tomas