Re: porting the PostGreSQL on the M68K platform

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: porting the PostGreSQL on the M68K platform
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 10/12/2013 2:49 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> I'm not sure what "54450 platform" is

Presumably, the OP is referring to Freescale ColdFire MCF54450, one of
an embedded family of 68000 like CPUs (not binary compatible, just
assembler source compatible, and missing some parts of the 68000
architecture like BCD support).
http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/prod_brief/MCF54455PB.pdf

These are embedded processors with 32kbytes of static ram. that support
8-512MB of external DDR SDRAM.   while they are typically targetted at
RTOS systems, I guess they can run uCLinux, but I don't believe they
have a MMU, so they can't run a 'regular' linux kernel.

frankly, these don't seem like good candidates for a relational database
server to me.