Re: BUG #8517: Problem due to libeay32.dll about ordinal

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #8517: Problem due to libeay32.dll about ordinal
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 10/10/2013 6:27 AM, s.mechaab@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying since yesterday to install a software which needs to install
> postgreSQL 8.4 aswell. When the installation is finished, a message appears
> a few times which says
> "The 3873 ordinal can't be find in the LIBEAY32.dll dynamic library" (in
> french)
> So i suppose i've some corrupted files, but could you maybe light me on
> about this problem ?

I'd contact the distributors or authors of this 'a software', if its got
its own postgres 8.4 build bundled with it.   I do hope its not 8.4.0,
thats VERY obsolete, 8.4 is currently up to 8.4.18.

libeay32.dll is, I believe, part of OpenSSL, which is bundled into
PostgreSQL to support SSL connections.   that error suggests a version
mismatch, where something is trying to call an entry point in that
library which doesn't exist.

this software you're installing, is it tested and supported on win7?

p.s  please direct replies to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org and not me
personally.