Re: Performance issues on FK Triggers after replacing a primary column

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Performance issues on FK Triggers after replacing a primary column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/28/22 08:47, Per Kaminsky wrote:
> The tables have Index to each other on each foreign key. The index
> itself was not touched though, and a remove/recreate did not help. Could
> it be possible, that when the PK and FK values are replaced the Index is
> not (immediately) updated and thus cannot be used?

Have you tried an ANALYZE on "A" AND "B" after?:

UPDATE "A" SET id = id_temp;

As to the index not immediately updating, I don't know.

> The temporary table is not shown. It is created to insert the new values
> from file, then used to update the correct table with the new values,
> and then removed, it has no connection (FK or something else) to any
> other table.

So that is the '// fill id_temp with new IDs' part?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Performance issues on FK Triggers after replacing a primary column
Сообщение: Re: Performance issues on FK Triggers after replacing a primary column