upgrade 7.1.3 -> 7.2b3 - a problem with pl/pgsql

От Alexey Borzov
Тема upgrade 7.1.3 -> 7.2b3 - a problem with pl/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings!

  Well, the problem is as follows: I upgraded from PostgreSQL 7.1.3 to
  PostgreSQL 7.2b3 on our dev. box (following the instructions in the
  docs), and found out that PL/PgSQL functions stopped working...

  Digging into this I found out the following:
  Pre-7.2 PostgreSQL installed plpgsql.so into $PREFIX/lib
  (/usr/local/lib in my case), while 7.2b3 did this to
  $PREFIX/lib/postgresql, leaving the old plpgsql.so intact...

  pg_dump, on the other hand, dumps CREATE LANGUAGE commands with
  absolute paths... So I ended up with the old plpgsql.so used in the new
  PostgreSQL installation, and this combo wasn't working.

  I fixed this by simply overwriting the old file with the new. But I
  still have the question: shouldn't this change be documented
  somewhere?

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru