Re: record identical operator

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: record identical operator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/23/2013 10:38 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

>>> and heavily caveated.
>> I'm not sure what caveats would be needed.  It seems to me that a
>> clear description of what it does would suffice.  Like all the
>> other non-default opclasses in core, it will be non-default because
>> it is less frequently useful.
> "This will claim things are different, even when they aren't different
> when cast to text, or possibly even when extracted in binary mode,
> ensure this is really what you want" is a pretty big caveat, imv.
Yes, it should be documented that it tests for sameness and gives
no guarantees that lack of sameness means "different" (as
determined by some other operator)

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE - visibility semantics
От: Bernd Helmle
Сообщение: Re: ENABLE/DISABLE CONSTRAINT NAME