How to allow users to create and modify tables only in their ownschemas, but with generic table owner

От Schmid Andreas
Тема How to allow users to create and modify tables only in their ownschemas, but with generic table owner
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi List

I'd like to setup my database in a way that only a superuser may create schemas, then grants permission to a specific
userto create tables inside this schema. This should work so far with GRANT CREATE ON SCHEMA ... TO user_a. However I
wantthe table owner not to be the user that creates the tables. Instead the owner should rather be a generic role (e.g.
table_owner),and the owner should be the same over all tables of the whole database. This would work, too, if I grant
membershipin role table_owner to all users that may create tables. (The users must issue a SET ROLE table_owner before
creatingtables.)

What I didn't achieve so far is making sure that user_a who created tables in schema_a cannot crete/modify tables of
schema_bthat were created by user_b. Do you see any way to achieve this, while still sticking to that generic owner
role?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Andy