Re: Connect postgres to SQLSERVER

От Rowan Collins
Тема Re: Connect postgres to SQLSERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17/09/2013 19:05, Agustin Larreinegabe wrote:
> HI,
>
> Is there a way to connect to a sqlserver like dblink?
> I just need to execute a Procedure in sqlserver when something happen
>
> --
> Gracias
> -----------------
> Agustín Larreinegabe

If all you want to do is trigger a single stored proc, one option might
be to write a function in an unrestricted procedural language (e.g.
pl/PerlU) which connects and runs it using a shell command. It sounds
more complicated on the face of it, but it means you don't need to worry
so much about configuring drivers to make the two DBs talk to each
other, you can just concentrate on the single task you need to work.

This will probably seem less good an idea if you need to retrieve data
from the stored proc, or if there's a possibility of more complex
linkages being needed later anyway.
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]